Please note that since apple doesn't sign older iOS softwares, so please makes sure that you use the latest software for the jailbreaking or unlocking of yoursoftware.
for eg- in this post I have mentioned ios 4.2.1, but in actual this software cant be used to jailbreak or restore your iDevice as apple is not signing any other iOS except iOS 5.1
so use 5.1 instead of the version mentioned here.
Rest all process remains same.
for udating your baseband on 3g or 3gs, you can't use quickpwn, so for this you need to use
sn0wbreeze ant that too on windows.
please download your copy of sn0wbreeze from here
please make sure that there is no turning back..
- There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
- If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
- Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
it will club the baseband and then let the pwnage tool build the custom firmware and place it on the desktop.
1. Launch Cydia and go to the ‘Manage’ tab.
2. Tap ‘Sources’.
3. Tap ‘Edit’ at top right and then ‘Add’ at top left.
4. Enter ‘http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com‘ and tap ‘Add Source’.
5. After Cydia downloads the packages and completes updation of it’s sources, search for ‘Ultrasn0w’.
after your phone starts you should be able to use any SIM